“Below are a few of the prayers I have found especially helpful to use in my daily prayer time. I hope that they will be a blessing to you.” – Michael Cassidy
Collect for Purity
“Almighty God, unto whom all hearts be open, all desires known, and from whom no secretes are hid: cleanse the thoughts of our hearts by the inspiration of Your Holy Spirit, that we may perfectly love You, and worthily magnify Your holy name: through Christ our Lord. Amen.”
A Dallas Willard version of the Lord’s Prayer
“Dear Father always near us, may your name be treasured and loved, may your rule be completed in us- may your will be done here on earth in just the way it is done in heaven.
“Give us today the things we need today, and forgive us our sins and impositions on you as we are forgiving all who in any way offend us.
“Please don’t put us through trials, but deliver us from everything bad. Because you are the one is charge, and you have all the power, and the glory too is all yours-forever- which is just the way we want it!”
“Warfare” Prayer used by Derek Prince and slightly adjusted by Michael Cassidy
“Lord, no weapon that is formed against me/us or our family or my work this day shall prosper and every tongue which rises against us in judgement we do condemn. This is our heritage as servants of the Lord and our vindication is from You, O Lord of hosts (see Is. 54:17).
“If there are those who have been speaking or praying against us or seeking harm or evil to us, or who have rejected us, we forgive them by an act of the will. Having forgiven them, we bless them in the name of the Lord (see Mt. 5:43-45, Rom. 12:14).
“Now we declare, O Lord, that You and You alone are our God, and besides You there is no other – a just God and a Saviour, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit – and we worship You!
“We submit ourselves afresh to You today in unreserved obedience. Having submitted to You, Lord, we do as Your Word directs. We resist the devil; all his pressures, his temptations, his attacks, his deceptions, every instrument or agent he would seek to use against us. We do not submit! We resist him, drive him from us and exclude him from us in the Name of Jesus.
“Specifically we resist alienation, relational breakdown and interpersonal or racial tensions.
“We ask for protection from weather hazards, fire, burglary, theft, crime, falls and accidents. We pray for healing from pain, infection, disease, malignancies, allergies, illnesses, viruses, and strokes. We resist every form of witchcraft or evil supernaturalism. We also break any curses put upon us or our children as we claim the power of the cross and the blood of Jesus over us.
“Finally, Lord, we thank You that through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, we have passed out from under the curse and entered into the blessing of Abraham and Isaac whom You bless in all things (see Gal. 3:13-14; Gen. 24:1) with health, reproductiveness, financial provision, spiritual and moral strength, victory, God’s favour, enlarged territories, the Hand of God upon us (see 1 Chron. 4:10). We pray all this in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.”
Prayer of Jabez
“And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, ‘O that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your Hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil (and the evil one), that I may not cause pain (or) that it might not harm me.’ So God granted him what he requested” (1 Chronicles 4:10).
A Personal Prayer out of John 17
I lift my eyes to Heaven – and say –
- Father, in Jesus’ Name, sanctify me in the Truth, your Word is Truth.
- Father, in Jesus’ Name, make me Holy, keep me in your Name. May your radiant character shine forth from me.
- Father, in Jesus’ Name, may your Joy be fulfilled in me.
- Father, in Jesus’ Name, protect me from the Evil One and from all evil supernaturalism.
- Father, in Jesus’ Name, may I be so sent into the world in mission, as You, Father, sent Jesus.
- Father, in Jesus’ Name, make me a person of prayer, as Jesus was.
- Father, in Jesus’ Name, may I strive to be perfectly at one in unity with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Father, in Jesus’ Name, may the love that is in the Godhead between You, your Son and your Holy Spirit be in me.
- Father, in Jesus’ Name, may the power of your Holy Spirit with His Fruit and His Gifts be manifested in my life.
- Father, in Jesus’ Name, may I behold your glory and may that same glory and multi-coloured dimensions of your Being shine forth from me.
I pray all this in the Name of Jesus Christ my Lord, Amen.